Monday, January 4, 2010

After all the rain the river is high so fishing should be great. It is time to go out for those steel heads and my taste buds are at the ready, all I need is for Pat and her friend Jock to go fishing and bring some home. They are willing to go fishing but it looks like the weather is acting up and the cold persists along with rain and wind,so I may have to wait awhile longer. That shouldn't be a problem as I should go on a very strict diet and give my system a chance to regroup from all the rich foods of the holiday season. I don't know about you, but there was little or nothing missed around here from the stuffed turkey to the prime rib and all the trimmings and deserts. Oh, I almost forgot the spiral ham which was so tasty and we will be eating if for the next month. Our Fred Meyer managers were right on target with all those coupons to help defray some of the cost. It's a good thing they had them in the newspaper for us to use or we wouldn't have been able to buy their expensive meats. Thirty dollars or more for a ham is ridiculous, ten dollars off makes it sound much more reasonable, but in the long run, although I cannot fault the ham, I can't imagine why it has to be priced so high on the hog as they make their way to the bank and we head for the poorhouse. I know, I know, they did not twist my arm to buy it, but they just made it look so good I couldn't resist and now I am trying to find new recipes to help me find appetizing ways to get rid of it . . . ham casserole, ham salad, ham and eggs, pea soup from the bone, if I ever get to the center of the piece I have. Um . . . I have an idea, why don't you stop in and have a ham sandwich or two. I'll put the coffee on.

Make today a good one, enjoy the rain, or the snow, or the wind that blows, plan a fishing trip when you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment