Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Say Cheese!




"It's three o' clock in the morning, let's dance the whole night through ". . . la, la, la . . . I'm awake . . . . why? Good question, I have no idea. Wide awake and wondering what I should blog about. My cartoon friend, Maxine, should be telling tales about us. Maybe I'll cuddle up in my wing back chair, turn the television on and see if there is a movie playing . . . that usually puts me to sleep. But before I go, I thought you might enjoy the picture of the penguins with the caption of having a group picture taken when a sea lion hogs the lime light by sidling in and clowns for the camera. You have to admit it has quite a smile and it certainly gets attention. I bet I have a dozen or more pictures in my picture box with group pictures and there is always one with some one making a face or clowning around. This reminds me of the day I dressed my three children up in their best finery and took them down town for a photo shoot. I wanted to have a picture of the three to send to family members and of course a big one for my wall. All went well until we got to the studio and then my daughter Eileen, who was probably all of three at the time, decided she didn't want her picture taken. She had a stubborn streak a mile wide and she put both feet down and a very sulky pout which she never changed. The photographer all but stood on his head to make her smile, but she just frowned more so he snapped the picture. I kept them, in a drawer. It took a lot of years before I captured all five of my children in a group picture, in a studio, that shows them all looking at the camera, but not all smiling,but a glimpse of one on its way. So why crossed eyes, waving hands behind peoples heads and all the foolishness that goes on when a camera is at the ready always puzzles me. Like saying 'cheese' and moving just as the photographer snaps the picture. I guess we think we are not photogenic and hide our own natural beauty under the guise of tom-foolery. Everyone I know shies away from a camera . . . 'don't take my picture' . . . and I look at them and know just how they feel, I don't like my picture either. Excuses, excuses, bad hair day, too fat, too thin, not dressed pretty enough which boils down to 'false pride'. Get over it! I have a new camera and I love taking pictures so when you see me coming . . . smile.
Each of us has a beauty all our own, it came with us when we arrived. Take out your albums and take a peek, enjoy the pictures of YOU when you developed into that wonderful special person you are. Make today special . . . just like YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment