Friday, January 15, 2010

Images




A little sense of humor to brighten your day; and we didn't think pigeons had a purpose in life. A bit of anticipation goes a long way. I once painted a picture of a lovely wall covered with beautiful red flowers and in the center of the garden was a statue of St. Francis of Assisi with a pigeon on his head. I couldn't resist the picture in the magazine and had to paint it; a bit irreverent but then what would our world be like if we did not curry our sense of humor.






I went into Erin's archives to see what is new and different and found a new type of picture that can be put together, similar to an art picture reminding me of Andy Warhol and his famous art pictures of the 'stars'. I think my granddaughter looks every bit as good . . . there I go, using my bragging rights again. I am not sure about the umbrella picture as it is not clear enough for my eyesight. I think it is Erin counting rain drops as she certainly doesn't have the umbrella protecting her from the raindrops. Most likely she is looking for puddles to jump through.
I do love the picture of her hands holding the camera as I know she is having a great time doing something she loves.





As for the pictures we have been seeing on our television screens since the devastating earthquake in Haiti, I wanted to get away from the sights and sounds of the horrific aftermath. I do not watch horror movies so it is much like putting on the television and finding yourself glued to the scenes before you and hating every minute of it. Your heart hurts, your head hurts, and you cannot stop watching the horror because you are looking for a happy ending and there is none. My heart goes out to the people of Haiti who are suffering at this moment and all I can really do is pray. I am uplifted by the men and women who are rushing to the rescue and hope they make it in time to save many. Hundreds of thousands have lost their lives and a country is completely devastated with no one powerful enough to stand up and take over and lead the way until help gets to them. Our countrymen are there and will find a way and soon we will see the order and the help needed. The world at large is slowly and surely coming to help and soon we will be listening to stories of heroic proportions and we will see some light at the end of this very dark tunnel.


So today offer up a prayer or two for all of these souls that are living through an immeasurable tragedy that one cannot even imagine unless they are a part of it. Most of us have had a small taste of a hurricane or a rumble of an earthquake but have no real knowledge of feeling our entire world disintegrate before us. Allow your compassion and love to flow today . . . go light a candle . . . listen for what you can do and do it. Make your day worthwhile.



No comments:

Post a Comment