Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Photographer In The Family























I just went onto Facebook and found that Erin, my granddaughter, the photographer, the snowboard whiz and a very personable, delectable and delightful young lady, had posted albums on her page. She and her friend, Jessica, went snowboarding up in the Tahoe area and was greeted by a ten foot snowstorm. Needless to say they were in their element and had so much fun as you can see from the pictures I 'borrowed' from her collection. While there it happened a jazz band or two were playing and Erin got to photograph them . I'll have to get details next time I see her. She has hundreds of photographs to see, but I didn't want to borrow too many so you can go into Facebook and see them for yourselves.
"He loves me, he loves me not." She had three pictures of the dandy lion flower to see, one in full bloom, one as I show it here and a last lonely nub that told a story as you blew the fine tiny white pixels up to the sky. I bet you looked for dandy lions to tell if your first love was true or not. Ah, the small treasures in life that make it all worth while. Spring will be coming along in a few months so we will be able to find lots of dandelions to spread around . . . wonder if that is why we have so many.
It was pretty clever to take pictures within the sunglasses. What a novel idea and a good one as it makes it much more interesting to get a peek at the view the skier is surrounded by. The drive up to Lake Tahoe from Carson City is awesome and I'd like to have a nickel for every trip I made up over the summits in the years I lived in Sacramento and Nevada. The bus always made it no matter how big a storm was brewing as those snow plow folks and the 'chain gang' were always at the ready to send you on your way. In my mind I can see the vistas and the views and one that remains is the train route up over the mountains when the snow has blanketed the area and it looks pristine and so beautiful. I always wanted to take that train ride but just never got around to it. I think it took too many hours to get up there and I was always in a hurry to play my nickels in the slots. Those were the days when a jackpot was thirty-five dollars and it was considered a big win. Today it takes thirty-five dollars to play the penny machines and no win, but still fun to try.
So if you have a camera and love to take pictures, today is a good day to go outside and look for people, places and things to put on your blog or in Facebook if that is where you like to be. Breathe in the fresh air, check the clouds for pictures, hike out and about and work up an appetite for some hot clam chowder or a bowl of chicken soup. . . although Amy's lentil is tops on my list. Consider yourself hugged and go out and share one.

No comments:

Post a Comment