Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wondering








Grab your coffee and sit awhile. I'm on my second cup and it is not bad at all. Some mornings it is like dish water and some mornings it is like thick black oil that would melt a spoon. Not sure why I am not consistent as I have been making pots of coffee for a lot of years. When I was very little, Pa used to have a big mug of coffee waiting for me when I got to the kitchen with one eye open and no desire to be up and about. He would have it fixed with milk and sugar and piping hot and one sip and the world became a better place. Over the years we have heard it is bad for us, or on the other hand good for us, guess it depends on the coffee growers and those in charge of making money. I never hear the tea growers claiming anything about their tea leaves, well, maybe if the tea leaves do not leave a good message. We used to turn our cups upside down and turn them around three times then try to read our fortune. A drop of tea in the cup meant a trip over water . . . that makes sense; a bunch huddled in a pile meant that we were going to have visitors and that didn't always set well as we would have to get off our duffs and make a pot of tea and something to go with it. I personally liked the little figures that meant love and marriage and a happy ever after future until I discovered that I didn't really know how to read tea leaves, nor did anyone else I knew. I think I have a little booklet in my bookcase that tells me about tea leaves, I'll have to scan it and see what it has to say.
Bob Hope, Bing Crosby, now that was a twosome that brought tears of laughter into our lives. I enjoyed seeing the cartoons which brought back a lot of memories. So I'll offer a prayer of thanksgiving to the two of them . . . "Thanks for the Memories" . . . can't you hear the signature song of Bob Hope? Hum the words and the tune will come. . . 'how lovely it was.'
Well the cartoonist are at it already. How they got to Lays potato chips already is beyond me. Tiger deserves to be ridiculed for being stupid. I think of his father who held such pride in this young man, and held him in such a lofty position, might wish to retract some of his self pride and take time out to teach his son a few of the basic facts of life. There is so much more to life than becoming a golf pro, or a football hero, or a baseball czar, or a politician in high office, absorbed in a life style that brings about a myriad of temptations as power and money light the way. Tiger is paying a terrible price for becoming so self absorbed that he forgot the true principals of life. The mighty have fallen and it is very, very, sad as it has an effect on all of us.
So, today check the newspapers and magazines for some cartoons and have a good laugh , or a good cry, as comedy has two faces as we do, one we show to the world and one we show only to the mirror on the wall. I hope your inside you is as happy as your outside you, if not, then today is a good day to start changing 'for the better' . . . call a friend, give out a hug or two, light up the world and smile with your heart in your eyes. I'm humming . . . "Have I told you lately that I love you . . . well 'darlin' I'm telling you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment