Saturday, January 2, 2010

"PUSH"


I receive messages and small videos from "Simple Truths" which are done so beautifully in words and pictures about life in general. This morning the story was about the eagle who knew it was time to push her eaglets out of the nest for their first flight and she was musing about it. She thought of all the pitfalls and all of the things that could go wrong, yet, it was time for the 'push'. It was not easy as the eaglets did not want to be pushed out of the nest but she knew that it was the most important step of all . . .'the push' . . . so that they could be set free and independent. My, how mother's equate with that story. Of course it brings back a memory when my first born was ready to attend kindergarten and I walked her over to school then spent the morning at my friend's home, across the street from the school, just in case I was needed. I had just given my first 'push' and I wasn't ready for it, but she was. A lesson learned and I had no trouble pushing the rest of my brood on to bigger and better things in life.
I gather we have an ingrained clock in our system when it comes to pushing. We find it is not something we liked to do but something we have to do. I bet each one of you has a story to tell about being pushed or pushing. So today, thank your lucky stars you had someone who loved you enough to give you a 'push' and look in the mirror and see how successful you became . . . that wonderful person who is beautiful, bright and independent. Make this weekend a good one and if you know someone who needs a 'push', then for heaven sake PUSH!

No comments:

Post a Comment