Sunday, January 3, 2010

Charge


We had high waves coming at us yesterday when we went over to Sport haven beach with a beef sandwich from Quezno (I never can pronounce it, so how can I spell it) . . . way too much, although it was tasty. The whales must be going by but we cannot see the spouts as the mist lies on the water and the wind makes a lovely spray which looks exactly like the whale's spout. There were a lot of folks out walking their dogs and watching the incoming tide. I already did a blog this morning but it got lost in the shuffle . . . I have no idea where it went. I likened 'charge' to the little cards we use during the holiday season with such aplomb and yesterday when the mail came along with it came the bills to pay. I spent a little time trying to find out why I didn't balance my account only to find I forgot to enter one item. I was lucky as it was a small amount. I am not very friendly with myself when I am dumb enough to make mistakes not in my favor. I was hoping to give my little card a rest but I see that Valentines are poking their little hearts out especially in the candy department. I'm not over the holiday peppermints yet. I suppose Easter bunnies will be out peeking through the cellophane in their big baskets begging for a home....well, not this one, I'm having an early lent and giving up sweets so I can move some of the extra calories I added during the holidays. We had fresh crab, right from the ocean given to us last evening as we sat with our left overs and swore we wouldn't eat another dinner. I'm back to simple meals, well, after John leaves for his job, then I'll be back to simple eating, well, maybe after one or two more left over meals. I think Pat bought a ham to feed the hungry and I have half of it in my refrigerator, one of those spiral deals that melts in your mouth. How I am ever going to get to that "Oh, Jean, you look so thin!" is still the biggest mystery around here.
I hope your mailman doesn't bring too many of those envelopes that require an instant slice of your income; but at least,I hope you had fun shopping and gifting those you love. I did. Make today a Sunday to remember, go shopping for next weeks groceries, salad makings, fresh fruit, and a loaf of pumpernickel bread . . . now that I'd buy in a heart beat. Stay healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment