Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day Dreaming


Yesterday I wrote to you about the artist bears on display in our town and when I saw this little fellow I had to add another tale about a bear, this one is a Panda bear from the Chinese special Panda Reserve in Beijing. I think the caption, if I remember correctly said, "help, help, I'm stuck!"
What a cutie, who wouldn't want to go and rescue this little guy. In fact who wouldn't want to hop a plane and go visit him. I would. I have a bit of the travel bug in my mind today. How much fun it would be to be packing for a trip to somewhere. I've always wanted to take all of my children to Ireland and rent a cottage for a month and see the country as it should be seen. Then go about and find out where the ancestors came from and do a bit of genealogy while there. As I get older in body, but not in spirit, I fantasize about such a trip and the joy of showing my children their roots. But . . . there goes my favorite word again . . . it takes a bit of magic to get all of them together at the same time, along with the money I was going to earn from my best seller still to come once I am discovered. Well, my intentions are good and we all know about good intentions. So back to my musing about wishing for a trip to somewhere and it is about to be granted as daughter Patricia and I are going to go up to Lincoln City where there are shops to check out and best of all we are meeting my daughter Christine who will drive in to join us. A short reunion will do our hearts good and become a memory to salivate over in the winter gray days ahead when travel is cut to a minimum and we are back to our two and a half hour drive north or south depending on the fog and the rain. A trip is a trip and no matter how long or short it helps sooth the savage travel bug within.
I hope you love to travel and have many opportunities to see people and places you love. Plot and plan so that when the time comes you are ready to pack and go. Have fun and be sure to take pictures then blog so I can enjoy your adventures too. Make today a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment