Sunday, October 11, 2009

Remote


We ladies have been waiting a long time for someone to develop a remote that would scare our counterpart into losing the thumb action and concentrate on watching a whole television show that is not just sports. Don't get me wrong, I love sports, but not twenty-four hours a day. I had a son-in-law who was addicted to sports, mostly the Pittsburgh Steelers as attested to his wearing the jacket, the cap and stickers on his vehicles. When I would visit, which was about once a year, he would greet me with a hug and tell me he was very happy to see me, then would go upstairs to his bedroom and watch sports. He did join us for a meal or two but his conversation was limited....right...sports. Now, I have watched baseball, in fact I got to see a real true game in Boston, many, many years ago, when Ted Williams hit the ball out of the park and you could feel the excitement. People were standing knowing that ball was going out of the park. It was exciting and fun. As for football, I tried to understand the game but it isn't something I really do understand. I do get excited when one player has the ball and is running the entire length of the field and no one can catch him...that I like, but the huddles and the rest of it leave me out side looking in. As for Tennis, I have a friend who would not miss a match no matter what. She knows when the games are on and that is where she stays until the very end. I don't get it, my neck switches from side to side and I watch but to me it is a waste of time. I can hear another couple of friends who are avid players telling me off after reading this little epistle. Well, we can't all be sport lovers. I just believe if you do not participate in the games then you get bored......aha......well, not everyone, probably just me.
So if you are enjoying a base ball or a foot ball game on television this foggy cold day, . . . ENJOY!!! Me, I'm blogging and find it so much more fun. I only wish I knew if anyone bothers to read it. Oh well ! ! ! It does give me pleasure and something to do until a good espionage movie comes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment