Thursday, October 15, 2009

Free Space



Isn't this a terrific picture of our space craft coming back home? My imagination soars when I read the stories and see the pictures that we are fortunate enough to receive as they soar above the earth. I marvel at the strength and intelligence of the men and women who are a part of this program which takes them to the far reaches of outer space. Rocket science at its best. I am wondering about that shot to the moon recently . . . um, not a space ship but a real true shot, wonder if we should be buying a plot or two in case they do find water. Beach front property? There are mountains and a valley or two, maybe we should send Johnny Appleseed along on one of the future trips. Just think, clean air, untouched pure water, a new beginning, what would we do with all that? Don't answer that.
So today muse along with me and enjoy a trip to the moon and back in the stories we read and hear about and say a prayer or two for those who are brave and knowledgeable flying off to a world most of us will never visit . . . who could afford it?
Today seems like a good day to free ourselves of being inside, take a walk outside, smell the last of the summer roses and walk for awhile, listen for the wind if it is blowing in your neighborhood, relax and enjoy today. One of our resident deer just walked across my view from the alcove window, a small one with a voracious appetite that takes the good tiny buds and leaves from the beautiful Rhody near the walkway. If I do not get flowers in the spring I will know why. So my musings are to have a free day, the sun is peeking out, more clouds expected, but in the interim I can be snapping a picture or two . . . if I can get son John,who is here for a few days, to go out and about on a small adventure or two. Maybe I can bribe him with a fish and chip lunch out deal, it's worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment