Saturday, October 31, 2009

Go Carts




The last time I rode in a 'go-cart- was in Revere beach when I was about ten years old and thought I was the best driver in town as I bumped into everything in sight. I don't remember them being as pretty as these and they certainly seemed much larger. Some one has a really great imagination and so much ingenuity to create a new run about. I bet it would be a lot of fun to ride all over town in one. Wonder when they go up for sale? I wonder if I put it on my Christmas list if I would find one under my tree?
It has taken all day for the blog to become operational. For several days now it has been an iffy proposition. The blogspot. com must have had problems they didn't identify and I have wasted a lot of energy and patience trying to get a picture to come up or a written word down. I wish the blogspot folks would just let us know the system is down, but do I listen when the computer is telling me in its own way to shut it off and go about other business....no.....I have to keep trying and all I got out of it was higher blood pressure. Okay, you can laugh.
I just spent a lovely misty Saturday doing a few household chores. I am enjoy my son John who is home for the weekend. It goes by much too fast. I didn't pull any tricks but treated my children to dinner out at O'Hallorans and was surprised to find we were the only diners for some time. Dinner was okay, but . . . yeah, there goes that but again . . . not as good as their usual fare. I had cod and it wasn't bad. John had ribs that looked like they were better than my cod, and Pat sent her salmon back to be cooked as the center was raw. Nothing stopped us from cleaning our plates and we didn't leave a flower on the plate. Gripe, groan and moan is just part of not eating at home where the chief cook and bottle washer always puts a decent meal on the table. But going out is such a treat and no dishes to clean up. Come to think of it I always loved doing the dishes after a huge meal. There was something soothing about having your hands in hot soapy water and it helped the digestive system as well as a chance to meditate. Now the dishwasher does it all . . . um, some improvements take away a bit of joy.
It's Halloween and it was fun to treat, only because I couldn't think of a trick or two to play. The children were kept busy in town as we only had two little ones come to our door. I am glad I didn't buy a lot of candy or I would be eating leftovers for weeks to come.
I hope you had a good Halloween and had lots of tiny ghosts and goblins to entertain you and eat up all your candy. Wide hips are not in style this year. I have to tell you I am very happy to be able to talk with you tonight. I can have sweet dreams now....and hopefully so will you.

No comments:

Post a Comment