Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Illness


Illness comes to each and every one of us without an invitation or awareness. I had no idea they had so many colored ribbons for the different types of cancer. As a youngster I never even heard of the word cancer and for the life of me I cannot figure out how we have so much of it today. In my day we heard of consumption and polio, both eradicated. Now if we find the cure for cancer and HIV and a few more of the dreaded auto immune diseases that are on the attack, we will all be better off.
I think each of us knows some one who is hurting from a disease that is attacking their immune systems relentlessly. The experimental drugs are many and are poison to the system, yet there is nothing on the horizon that actually works to cure the dreaded diseases. We live in a strange and hard world where our politicians can throw our tax money away, as if it were salted pop corn, yet never donate a cent towards a cure for these terrible diseases. With the new flu running rampant there is a rush on for a vaccine, untested as far as I have heard, to give to pregnant women and small children to save them for dying from this flu. It used to be children and oldsters because they were the most vulnerable, but someone out there seems to think they know how this flu is going to react and who it is going to tackle first. Doesn't make sense to me. There are so many different types of flu and to my knowledge no vaccine has been made to cure any of it. Each one of us is different and our bodies react differently to medication. My soap box advice this morning is to think first, try and stay as healthy as you can by living the best way you can, and if you do get a flu, no matter what it is called, chicken broth by the gallon, stay home and rest, works every time.
I pray for faith, hope and charity for each and every one of us. So do your part and go light a candle, give a couple of bucks to the cause, get out and walk in one of the walks if you can and if you think about it, hard enough, write your representatives and remind them that it is much more important to spend some of our tax dollars on helping the scientist find a cure for all of the diseases, than bailing out the greedy who are living so high on the hog. I'd like to see a ribbon of red, white and blue, for freedom from all diseases. A big order, but one a lot of prayer and a glow of candles could fill. Written are words that say, "Ask and you shall receive, knock and the door shall be opened to you." So, I'm asking. I'm knocking. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment