Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Follow Up on Istanbul

I'm back. Yes, that encyclopedia on line is tremendous, a wonderful tool to satisfy my curiosity.

Earlier today I wrote about Istanbul being the only city in the world that lies on two continents, Europe and Asia. I found out that it was the capitol of the Roman Empire (330-395) and is located on the Bosphorus Strait. It is the largest city in Turkey and is also known as Byzantium and Constantinople. Aha, that's where the Bob Hope and Bing Crosby connection came from....remember the song.

It is going to have the distinction of being the Capitol of Culture for 2010.


It has to be one of the best places to visit if you have a mind to travel. The bridge in the picture takes you between the two continents over the Bosphorus strait which divides the city. I'm ready to pack . . . are you? I'll carry your bags if you buy the airline tickets. See you tomorrow. Smile a lot today, it's good for the body and the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment