Friday, October 16, 2009

Tree Houses











These pictures brought on a bit of musing yesterday. I had several very wonderful attachments to e-mails that were outstanding, one being the treasures of Russian architecture and the tremendous beauty of the country and the palaces. The spectacular beauty of the marble used centuries ago is still awe inspriring. I wish I could have shared it with you, but those e-mail pictures cannot be copied. Now the tree houses were a different story, and here are a few in all of their glory. I always thought a tree house was a couple of planks thrown across the boughs of a tree, at least it was for us as children. A cherry tree in my friend's back yard where we sat high off the ground and our tree house served us well for hours of play. Of course hanging by our knees was even more fun until one of us fell and got a scrape or two.
These tree houses are a bit above the norm, I would say. It takes a lot of money and talent to be able to own a tree house like these. I wouldn't mind having one to live in, would you? I am laughing as you would have to be young and spry to be able to reside in one. I am having trouble just getting up out of a chair, imagine my trying to climb the stairs to get into one of these. Of course if I had that kind of money I would be able to hire someone with the know how and have an elevator just for me, but I would have to have someone pull the ropes for me. Ah the whimsy of it all. Some things are for the very young and other things are for the very old. I find the older I get the less I want as most things are just that 'things' and I don't have the 'wants' and my 'needs' are few. Still, I like the idea of a tree house and if I had the where-with-all I would build one for my granddaughter so she could come with a friend or two and find a cozy place to stay when she came for a visit. I bet she'd love it.
So, if you are like me and enjoy looking at the tree houses which fire up the imagination, maybe you are young enough to tackle a little one in your back yard. If you do, invite me over so I can look at it, but know for sure I wont be able to climb your tree. Have fun with your imagination today, find reasons to smile and a belly laugh wont hurt at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment