Friday, October 30, 2009

Frustration

I could do with an Irish tantrum or two after waiting for what seemed like hours to have a picture uploaded. Something is wrong with the entire Blog today. I have been all day trying to get on to do my normal blog and add a picture or two, but, no.....no way will it allow it. I can type right now but I am wondering for how long. What mischief does this machine have in store for me? Why wont it let me blog? Why does it have to act up and stay stubborn when I have done absolutely nothing to create a problem for it? I'm thinking of a problem or two I could invent but then I'd be cutting my nose off to spite my face and I wouldn't be able to blog ever again. I would miss musing.

Sunshine today and a ride to Crescent City some thirty miles south of us. The highway, called the Redwood Highway is pleasant in that the redwood trees standing so tall and straight, weave a magic spell as the air seems to open up and the smell of pine makes one feel alive. We did a little shopping in Walmart and that took care of the fresh air in a hurry. The store is massive so I get in my walking exercise. I am in a quandary though as I look at all the shoppers and cannot help but think of those awful "Walmart Shoppers" pictures put on the computer. I really don't think they are funny, more insulting than not. People dress as they can afford, some look neat no matter what they wear and then there are those that could wear ermine and look sloppy. It is the nature of the beast. All of us need to remember we have had our days when we were not always up to par. A lot of the problem is (this is my thinking on this subject) is that over the last forty years or so we have become slobs. We threw out the getting dressed up to go to town. In my day, aha, where have you heard that before?, we would never be allowed out the door to go shopping downtown without gloves and a hat, a dress, coat and hosiery and shined shoes. We became more lenient as the hippy generation took over and then the 'me' generation and allowed ourselves to become slobs. Take a good look around and you will see what these folks with the cameras are looking at. Not very complimentary even though the camera doesn't lie. Today I saw a lady in a conglomeration of colors and style like I have never seen in all of my days, but then I had to remember this is Halloween and the folks are dressing for the occasion...the laugh is on me. or . . . given to our conversation today . . is it? Maybe that is her mode of dress. Dress....dress....I think it has been twenty five years since I have worn a dress, not because I do not like them, but I have very large feet, bad feet as well, and wear the ugliest of Granny shoes so I wouldn't be caught dead in a dress. I wear trousers, the nice kind, the good looking kind (no you can't take a picture of me from the rear.) and am neat, tidy, clean and matched. In fact daughter Pat calls to find out what uniform color I'm wearing so she doesn't have the same colors on. We don't want to be known for twin outfits.

No picture today. It will not work. You will have to guess how Maxine looked when she muttered those words about something hanging off your mouth.....and I wont repeat the rest, after all I am a lady who dresses in style.

I hope you dress in style and are clean, tidy and comfortable in your jeans and top, sneakers or thongs, whatever, smile and the world smiles with you . . . weep and you weep alone. I'm crying....I want a picture....I want the blog to work. I want...I want.....oh well, maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment