Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Didn't Know That!







It is fun to get an e-mail and find out about a lot of information you have never heard of and probably never gave thought to. I find it fascinating to discover some of the tidbits like the picture of the cars in Detroit most likely back in the 1930's showing the very first paved street in the USA. The traffic on the road made me laugh as today our highways are inundated with thousands of cars making their way from the suburbs to the big cities, bumper to bumper in the wee hours of the morning hoping to get everyone to work on time.


I never heard that Istanbul is the only city that lies between two continents. Now I want to know more about it so guess I'll have to google and find out more. My curiosity is peeked and I wonder what age the continents split and when and how Istanbul came about. Sultans, belly dancers, long knives, come to mind from books I've read or was that ideas from watching Bob Hope and Bing Crosby chase Dorothy Lamour around the globe.
How about that Big Apple . . . New York City . . . an apt name for it. I found out,by reading the article, jazz musicians called the cities they played in 'apple' You can imagine when they got to New York their eyes were opened as it is one of our most fascinating cities and so easy to get lost in.....a big city....thus the name 'The Big Apple". I've been to the Big Apple and loved it. I worked at New York Central Station as a reservation and message clerk assigning roomettes on the trains going from New York to San Francisco, California. A job I hated to give up but marriage and babies proved to be the best job in the end.
I hope you are happy in your job enjoying the challenges both in the good and the bad days. Or should I say in the slow or fast days? Relax, prioritize your priorities and enjoy the day as it enfolds. Make it a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment