Sunday, November 22, 2009

My comments on the Health Care Bill


There is a lot of hullabaloo about health care and the bill in the House and Senate that has everyone up in arms. Not one of us wants the status-quo on the cost of our health care and we are all upset about the out of pocket expense we have to pay over and above our so called medicare and supplement insurance. That eight hundred and fifty dollars I just had to pay out in installments to my dentist for a crown didn't set well at all. To pay eighty two dollars to clean my bottom teeth and then extra dollars to have the dentist come in and look at my mouth is not fair and when I questioned the receptionist about the cost of cleaning just the bottom teeth she told me in no uncertain terms that it wasn't how many teeth cleaned but the time it took to clean them....um. . . I wonder if soaking the upper plate was included in the charge . . . you can bet there will be little chatter in that room in the future. I have been blessed with good health in my life time and being brought up by a woman who did not believe in doctors held me steadfast as I went through life. I learned to tough it out. Recently I met an honest doctor, a delightful change I might add. The only thing I could gripe and groan about is that he gets almost four hundred dollars for a consultation . . . I had no idea or I would not have gone to him or anyone else that demands that kind of money for a twenty minute discussion on an age related problem that cannot be changed as nature will have its way.
A thousand page bill is being shoved through the system and we have objected but no one is hearing us. I am not hearing from my Congressmen or Senators at all. I hope they will not be disappointed when I don't remember their names in the next election.
Enough . . . it is Sunday morning and much too nice a day to spend grousing. I am going grocery shopping and am about to pinch the butt of a few turkeys . . . no not those Congressional ones, but isn't that a lovely thought....but plot and plan the Thanksgiving Dinner which is only a few days away. First we celebrate granddaughter Erin's birthday so we have some special cake to eat . . . who was it that said 'let them eat cake' ? . . . I'm ready, want to join me? I'll put the coffee pot on.
Make today as special as you can, start with a smile and see what happens. Hugs to YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment