Monday, November 30, 2009

What's Up?







I have a friend who does not think political cartoons are funny, at all. Her sense of humor is nil when it comes to the artistry and cleverness of the cartoonists who make the news come alive and give us food for thought. It's about time, I say, as there has been a lot of news without voice in the newspapers and magazines. Freedom of Speech is a right and I am happy that the cartoonists have come out of the shadows and show us , in their own clever way, what is going on in our world.


This one with the dog is a rather dark one and a bit scary as the middle east problems escalate and the threat of nuclear bombs hovers. Here it is the last day of November, 2009, and our lives go on as if nothing has happened . . . yet, we are sending thousands more of our young men and women over to Afghanistan and Britain, our staunch ally, is sending five hundred. God help each and everyone of them. I don't understand or know the name of the game being played in the name of politics. If we are at war, and have been for the last eight years, then something is not as it was when the word 'war' is used. We, who were the strongest nation in the world, has the wherewith all to end this fiasco. We never did let the bullies win, why are we playing up to political correctness? . . . the buzz word of this century. So much to think about and pray for. So you see the political cartoons have humor but underneath it all it has the realities of life and the word 'fair' comes to mind . . . I must look that word up in the dictionary.
I'll get off my soap box and give a new start to our beautiful day The weather is phenomenal, like summer, sunshine and a breeze, so I am going to take a walk and enjoy the exercise. I hope your Monday morning is a start of a beautiful week, and tomorrow starts a brand new month.......December......Christmas........I'm not ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment