Saturday, November 14, 2009

Trip Endings









A few more pictures from the high desert country. I am not sure what the owners do with all of the huge rocks they collect. Maybe they are used somewhere on the one hundred acres away from the barns and the main house. I did see some medium rocks bordering the gardens. I'd like to have several big ones for my front and back yard . . . what a sight that would be. Walking out one morning I spied the Aspen tree in a shady grove at the end of a dirt road. Usually, this time of year, the tree is golden yellow and Nevada byways are covered in shimmering gold. This poor little Aspen was on its last legs, slowly fading away until next spring. As I walked along I spied the garden angel and said a little prayer for all. It is so peaceful in the valley and walking out in the early morning sunshine is very good for the heart and soul. I think I miss the rugged beauty of Nevada when I am away from it, but then to show what an ambivalent soul I am, I miss the ocean waves beating on the shore, or the wonderful pelicans plopping on the river to get to their special rocks. No matter where we are there is something to be thankful for and something to incorporate into your being as nature's beauty unfolds before your very eyes.
Today I will not be out walking and enjoying God's work, but if all goes as planned, I will be out checking the artisans work with their God given talents, and shopping for a gift or two. The holidays are coming and the community is at work opening the huge Garden Club sale of plants and flowers and the huge book sale at the library which we peeked into yesterday. Yes I did buy five more books, you know the ones I said I wouldn't buy until I read the books I have . . . ah, good intentions so easy to set aside when you spy those wonderful titles you know you have to read.
One of my resident deer is passing by my window. How beautiful it is. It stops to eat the flowers off the plants and looks for the most delicate of stems. I tried putting cinnamon and a few other spices out on the plants but I think I just added the right ingredients for their daily salad. Bon Appetit!
Enjoy your Saturday whether you have sunshine, rain, snow or sleet, dress for the occasion and get out and take in some of the sights you love. Make today a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment