Monday, November 16, 2009

Smiles For A Change of Pace










What would we do without humor. The cartoonist are bright and on top of all events it seems. I've been on a grousing lately and I don't want to do that. I know everything is changing and it may not be changing the way I think it should, but I have no right to grouse and linger over the current news. I have to remember there is a small prayer out there for anyone to read, called the Prayer of Serenity . . .
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. The courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
So join me in the little prayer and forgive me for spending your precious time with my gripes and groans.
The good news is we, Dee, Darlene, Peat, Pat, Maggie celebrated Maggie's birthday last evening by having dinner at the Nautilus which is a lovely restaurant right on the beach. We were there in time to watch the sun set and it would be remiss if I didn't tell you how beautiful it was. The colors deepened to a crimson and a darker blue cloud glided across the sun as it was setting making it look like it had been sliced in two. The center eye of the sun reflected in the ocean waves and it was a camera moment . . . nope, the camera was home. Maggie received some special gifts and her smile said it all. She is one of our favorites, in fact they are all my favorites. Our little birthday meetings are a reminder that we are in good company even when we sing off key. Happy Birthday Maggie!
I hope you have someone close having a birthday to celebrate. Find a card that expresses how you feel and find a special gift for that person who is close to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment