Saturday, December 5, 2009

OH Christmas Tree, OH Christmas Tree, la, la, la....















Trees in the forest, firs, pines, cedars, and a myriad of others that grow big and beautiful which gives us a sense of being. The smell of a pine tree makes one come alive and we think we have seen them all at their best, . . . then comes Christmas and I do not know the history of the very first tree chosen to be decorated, but I am thankful to the person or persons who thought it was a good idea. All over the world trees are cut and rushed to market so we can liven up our homes and our property and stand back and admire and feel the joy the tree brings into our lives. I received an e-mail yesterday that had the pictures of Christmas trees all over the world. The Rainbow trees are beautiful but the photographer and the location is unknown. Some one took the time to bring Christmas to the forest and what a blessing for us. The lights that make the tree come alive is the largest Christmas tree on the slopes of Monte Ingino of Gubbio, in Italy's Umbria region. There are five hundred lights and over 40,000 feet of wire. The things I learn as I read my e-mails and find my mind expanding with new thoughts. The Vatican tree in St. Peter's Square is of tremendous size and beautiful. What we cannot see in the picture is the life size nativity scene that is by the obelisk. It would be worth the expense to take a trip to Europe just to see some of the trees decorated for Christmas. The tree in La Galleries is in Lafayette, Paris. The dome is Baroque and over ten stories of lights and high fashions are there waiting for visitors, especially the shoppers, imagine the fun it would be to have the time, the money and the wherewith all to go there. I'd pack my bags tomorrow if someone would buy my ticket. . . (smile!!). Of course I'd need the bankroll to go with it. The tiny chapel pictured above, is in the Karwendel mountains of Germany. You have to admit it feels like Christmas.
I have a few more to share another day as I lost a few in transition. I'm not sure where they went but it is a computer, where could they go? Aha . . . computer heaven which I haven't found yet. I'm looking. I'm looking.
A little 'knee' time would be good, just a thank you to everyone who keeps Christ in Christmas. It really is my favorite holiday and I love all the bah humbugs and all the movies and stories and the look on small children's faces when they help in the celebration of Christmas. It is so much more than presents, it's love emanating from all of the spirit and colors of Christmas. Get ready, the days are passing quickly and you do want to get out those lights and dress up a tree, big or small, sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor and whisper a little prayer in thanksgiving. I'm off to the garage to find my 'fake' tree which will take on a beauty of its own with some of the oddest trinkets you've ever seen. Yes, I saved some of the old home made ones and I think the toilet tissue wise man is cutest of all. Make your today a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment