Monday, December 21, 2009

Talented Camera Workout








Year after year we see pictures of the waves at Waemea Bay, Hawaii. They usually are featured in our newspapers and on the television news showing us their awesomeness and strength as some of the surf board riders enjoy the thrill of riding them to the beach. I thought they were the most beautiful sights to see until the wife of Clark Little said she needed some art for her wall. Mr Little didn't hesitate, but grabbed up his cameras and headed for the beach and the results are here for you to enjoy. He started in 2007 and you can imagine how successful a photographer he is going to be. His 'art' sells for $4,000 dollars, and rightly so, as he must take his life in hand when he goes out to capture the natural beauty of the ocean waves and shows us the power and beauty as they thunder in. I think each picture is a masterpiece. He has captured the very heart of the waves.
I know I like each picture which captures a world I have no knowledge of. It makes my imagination soar to new heights, especially the one showing the sand heaving and swirling into a huge ball of life containing faces for us to see. One is called liquid gold and the shimmering beauty of it captures our world in such a different way. I cannot believe the height of the waves,or understand the courage of the men and women who think nothing of taking a board, almost as beautiful as the pictured waves and putting themselves within the tremendous power of them. Last year one of the gallery owners invited a well known surf board 'king' to Brookings. The gallery owner featured a special book with pictures of the surfers and their boards which are hand made, gorgeous pieces of work, creating excitement and interest to our little group of surfboard riders here., along with the 'Saturday Art Walk' street surfers who wouldn't miss any of of our galleries of unbelievable art. They not only featured the book, but gorgeous poster size pictures of the riders along with several of the boards which were a piece of art all by themselves. I wouldn't mind having that picture on my household 'gallery' walls. I should go around and finish taking the rest of the pictures because I added some new ones. I don't have pictures as awesome as these, but each picture I do have has a story all its own. Maybe we'll be lucky and someone will be smart enough to put pictures like this on a New Year calendar so we can cut one or two out and frame them. I'd like that, nothing cheap about me.
So today, if you are able, take a walk to the beach and look at the waves let them build in your mind so they can sweep the cobwebs away and you could make yourself strong and beautiful
as you share your day with those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment