Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tongue in Cheek




I opened my e-mail and found two jokes to share this morning. After the delicious crab feast at Pat's last evening I think I ironed out a few wrinkles. Boy, they were huge, really fresh and tasty and not hard to get out of the shell. I think that is the secret of eating crab, buy the largest ones you can find, lay out the newspaper on the table, get out the old nutcracker and picks and relax and enjoy. Topped off with a great salad and a glass of white wine . . . I'd say 'hog heaven' especially the great company and the laughter that went with our crab feast. In spite of all our efforts there was one left over and we shared it with my neighbor, Maxine, who loves crab. Her son is sitting with her this week as she plods along the long road to the 'garden gate' and manages to teach us a lot about patience, understanding and fortitude.
I really got a chuckle out of the two men talking about women, no surprises, as they come from the old school with that old sense of thinking. The differences between men and women never change and the barbs fly from either side, yet one could not or would not want to be without the other.
It takes much humor to survive our world. When trouble comes, as it often does, it is the laughter than helps us to survive. I think we find that tears may release a bit of tension but it is in the bubbling guffaws that send us on a new path and we flourish.
Find reasons to laugh out loud today. Smile at an enemy or two and give them food for thought. It is Sunday, a day to rest . . . so rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment