Saturday, December 19, 2009

Picture Musing



I was browsing on a blog called "Bitten By The Travel Bug" which Jessica, a best friend to my granddaughter Erin, wrote when she was fortunate enough to travel a year or so ago. She delighted us with her stories of each stop and believe me it should be in a special travel book as she visited Buenos Aires, Argentina, Machu Puchu and so many other places. She introduced us to the people and the food and it made me want to pack my bag and join her.
Jessica is very good with a camera and she focused on so many people and places it was hard not to put all of them on a blog for you to see. I chose one, my favorite. It seems as though the haphazard way the stones were placed sets a mood of strength and courage. It may have been an old stone house at one time. I thought it must be a wall but why a window? The color of the green moss in the window sill seems to be creeping down over the rocks. The greens in the leaves in the outside area are sparse and I wonder if there had been a garden there. How unstoppable the hills look with no pathways showing and the mountains behind look dark and foreboding. What a backdrop for a tale or two, as we look out of the window and the mind wanders to the small villages and the folks who live so much differently than we do. From all accounts Jessica and her friend tell tales of warm and friendly folks who still live much as they did for centuries. The big cities are alive and different but the villages have the simplicity and love of life and people. Jessica told of having a lunch of charizo on french bread with chinichurri sauce, now that is a name and I wonder what it was made from . . . chinichurri, sounds like a berry to me. I'll have to ask Jessica next time I see her and thank her for sharing her blog and pictures. All I can tell you is that I feel restless and want to go on a trip to all of the places she visited but realize my travel days are just about over as the feet do not want to do what 'they used to do'. The spirit is willing so I'll have to relax and read or watch the travel channel and enjoy the sights and sounds of our world.
If you are able to travel, pack your bag, and go and see some of the wonders of our world. Take pictures, blog and put my name on your list. I promise to read and enjoy your trip to where ever your heart desires, and sulk a little because I cannot join you.

No comments:

Post a Comment