Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Patriotism
















In a short while we will be celebrating an Anniversary ---- December 7, 1942 ---- when the war to end all wars started. It is sad to think that we have been in a different type of war for the last half century as we have had our service men and women in ongoing situations from the Korean war, Viet Nam, The Desert Storm, Iraq and Afghanistan and getting nowhere. The letters flying around these days can make the blood boil and the silent majority is beginning to wake up, or at least I hope so. I lost some wonderful loving friends in World War II. and I am sad to hear of the new losses each day, and see the caskets come back draped in the American flag. Our hearts and pride are with the families who have to bear the loss, the hurt and the pain. When the season of the politically correct is over we may find changes that will be very hard to live with if our representatives do not get up off their seats and fight for our rights to object to the 'change' that is on going. I know, I know, enough politics, but each time I see the flag and hear the news I wonder what kind of a life my grandchildren will have, if any. Then I know God will prevail but not if we do not fight for HIM. So get off your duff and use your thinking brain and know that your vote does count...every single one of them.....War is remembrance.....well remember all of this on going 'stuff' when the next election time comes up and the good old boys do not want to look for a new seat.
Stay American. Be an American. Send your representatives Christmas cards that say Merry Christmas, and look for one with a nativity scene, if you can find one. My lady barber, Gina was talking about trying to find Christmas cards that were 'holy' and had a hard time to locate one. I better quit while I'm ahead as my thoughts race towards the nerve of those people who are trying to change our way of celebrating Christ's birthday.....C H R I S T mas......wonder who thought that name up? Someone with hope, love and charity in their souls. Three wise men, Shepard's in the hills, a special star to lead the way . . . um, a promised leader who was crucified at the age of thirty-three, wonder if we learned anything at all about people, places , faith, hope and charity. . . I don't think so most of the time, but then something big happens and Americans meld together and really show their stuff, so . . . I have high hopes for our future . . . let's not let the old answer to that adage be a true one.... "and die in despair".
Use your thinking brain today. You do have a chance to send your Christmas greetings with a huge bright colored pencil that says MERRY CHRISTMAS, and you might add 'A HOPEFUL NEW YEAR.' Make today special, just like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment