Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Remember Calvin?





Cartoons tickle our funny bones and we find ourselves laughing out loud. I admire the artists who not only draw the pictures but come up with captions that stir our imaginations. If you had a house filled with children then one or two must come to mind when you read cartoons. I thought Denise the Menace was funny, then Calvin came along and my sense of humor along with it. I thought to add a political cartoon but having awakened at three a.m. with the latest letter from the Social Security Office on my mind , stating there will be no Cola raise for the next two years. I don't think the cartoonists have come up with a fitting one -----yet. Although that cartoon with the sharks brings a thought or two to mind.
Well, today I cannot have my coffee or eat as I am having some blood work done before my next appointment with the doctor. He is keeping an eye on my cholesterol, blood pressure and body weight. He had the nerve to say that eating normally wasn't good at this age, less is better . . . well, that is his opinion and I'm stuck with it . . . believe it or not he is right. I use the excuse that food is my fuel and keeps me going but that's a crock and I know it. I love to cook. I love to eat . . . a dangerous combination at any time of life. I didn't get this size because I wanted to wear Queen sizes; how else could I be related to a Queen? BUT, I never met a hot dog I didn't enjoy or piece of hot apple pie with or without ice cream that didn't stick to my ribs. I've never been one for special exercises as I kept busy all of the time but no one told me what happens to the body as it ages. That ad about falling and not able to get up is not a false ad, believe me, yesterday I cleaned out the pantry closet and when I got to the bottom area and took five minutes to get down to see what was there, I found a few things to move around but still useful so didn't throw anything away. The challenge was to raise the body back up to a standing position, lucky I had sense enough to bring the stool over to use as a hold to get up and it took more time than I thought it would. Thank God no one was home with a camera. Just think I may have to give this housework stuff up . . . poor me!
I hope you exercise and eat according to your age . . . I had no idea there was rules about eating at any age, but I am learning as I go. Make today a good one. The year is ending so go out and attend those parties with all the goodies, spread out in the open, for you to indulge to bulge and make your New Year's resolution to diet. Aren't resolutions meant to be broken? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment